Coca-Cola is undoubtedly world’s most popular drink. But, it is probably the last thing you should consume. Science has proven it to be poisonous to human body. Moreover, researchers have revealed multiple ways of using Coca-Cola for pretty much everything associated with the household. It is an excellent acidic cleaner, and its acidic power is almost the same as that of battery acid.
This drink is packed with horrifying amounts of acid, and it is dangerous for the tooth enamel, which makes teeth susceptible to decay.
Researchers have estimated its acidity to 2.5 which is too much. To be more precise, pure water has a pH value of 7, and the pH value of battery acid is 1.
This confirms the fact that Coca-Cola is far from being beneficial for human health, but it can be still used as a domestic cleaning product.
We give you 20 nice ways to use it in your home:
- Use it to remove blood stains from clothes.
- Soak pennies in Coke to polish them to perfection.
- It can descale a kettle.
- Coke is the best product you can use to clean your toilet. Pour a bottle of Coke in the toilet bowl, let it do its magic for a while, and flush clean.
- This soft drink eliminates grease from fabrics.
- Use it to clean oil stains in your garage. Pour Coke on the floor, and just hose off.
- Acids in Coke can kill slugs and snails.
- It is excellent for those nasty rust stains in the pool. Pour 2 liters of Coke in your pool, and leave it for a few minutes.
- Soak a piece of fabric, a sponge or aluminum foil in Coke, and rub off rust and rusty bolts.
- Pour a tiny bit of Coke on each of your car battery terminals to clean them.
- Soak your hair in Coke for 2 minutes, then wipe it off. This is a nice way to remove gums from your hair.
- Use Coke to clean engines.
- Coke removes paint from metal furniture. Soak a towel in the acidic drink, and rub it carefully against the paint stains.
- Pour Coke on your kitchen floor. Leave it for a while, then wipe clean to remove tile grout.
- Coke fades and even removes hair dyes.
- When combined with aluminum foil, it polishes Chrome efficiently.
- Use Coke to clean vitreous china.
- Pour a bit of Coke on the carpet, scrub well, and rinse off with soapy water. This will remove any marker stains.
- Coke can literally dissolve a tooth. Damp a tooth in a sealed contained that you have filled with Coke and it will dissolve over time.
- Pour Coke in burnt pans, and let it dissolve the dirt and grease. Rinse the pan thoroughly.
Soft drinks cause serious health risks
If you drink soft drinks like Coke, you have a 48% higher chance of suffering a heart attack and stroke when compared to people who do not fancy soda.
According to a study published in the journal Respirology, soft drinks cause lung and breathing disorders like asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Moreover, carbonation in Coke leads to calcium loss in bones, which makes bones ‘soft.’ Even science has confirmed that soft drinks make bones weak and brittle.
If you take into consideration these household uses of Coke, you will definitely keep it away from you. Coke can cause serious damage to the stomach lining and the entire body as well. But, it is the best alternative for chemical-laden cleaning agents.